Sunday, June 15, 2014

An Angel’s Hands


This is a 1st person account of a Guardian Angel story told by a thankful teacher.

I worked at a school further down the coast from where my husband and I lived. I had an hour and a half commute each way.

I was returning home late one Thursday night from my school. I had participated in our annual Parent Night--and I was tired. It had been a long stressful week.

I was having trouble focusing as the headlights from other cars on the highway reflected off my windshield.

I turned off this busy interstate and headed down a two-lane country road that was a shortcut to my house. This road had a mountain on one side and a deep ditch on the other.

There were not many cars now and without the lights and noise of the other travelers I started to nod off. 45 minutes into my commute I slowly fell sleep.

I was startled awake at the sound of a horn blaring. In a daze I saw a large construction truck coming at my car in the dark.

Still confused, I felt warmth on my hands; I looked down at my steering wheel and saw two masculine hands over mine.

My car had drifted into the incoming lane. More alert now I watched as these two firm hands steered my car back into the right lane.

As I took over the steering these two hands disappeared. I uttered a soft, “Thank you” and concentrated on the road.

The whole incident had taken only a few seconds but my life had been saved.


When I told my husband I had fallen asleep he became extremely upset. He does not believe the part about the two extra hands. But I know it happened.

I still can see those two protective hands clearly. Sometimes I wonder if they might have been my grandfathers--he had passed several months before that night.


All I know for sure is a Guardian Angel came to my rescue and I will always be grateful.

No comments: