Friday, March 22, 2019

Patsy Cline’s Spirit


Patsy Cline
Patsy Cline’s singing career was on the rise in the spring of 1963 when the small plane she was on crashed into a secluded West Tennessee forest near Camden.

She and three male companions * were heading home after a benefit concert they had given in Ohio. They were just a half hour from their destination when a storm hit causing their plane to crash.

Six years before, Cline’s performance on television of Walkin After Midnight had made her one of the first Country singers to crossover into mainstream popularity.

In 1961, she was in a car crash that almost took her life while she was working on recording Sweet Dreams. This song garnered her even more recognition and admiration. She followed this with her successes, I Fall To Pieces, Crazy and She Got You. All hits on the Country as well as the Pop charts.

At the moment of her passing the world lost a great talent. Belied by Cline’s small frame, her voice resonated with warmth, power, and emotions that have not been matched since.

Decades after her death her albums continue to top the charts. Today, a new generation of music lovers listens to her songs with awe.

People who have visited the crash site state that the quiet trees that surround the boulder that marks the place is deceiving, for most leave with an uneasy sense of something unnatural. Adjectives used to describe the area include: strange, odd and chilling.

One woman who took her dog with her down the steep path that leads to the ravine noted that her pet began to whine and would not go near the boulder that is inscribed:

*  “On this site March 5, 1963, Patsy Cline, Cowboy Copas, Hawkshaw Hawkins, and Randy Hughes lost their lives.” Hughes was Cline’s manager.


The crash sites' inscribed boulder.

The Shreveport Municipal Memorial Auditorium, known as the “Muni” is another place where witnesses state they have encountered Cline’s ghost. She performed here on several occasions.

Backstage at Shreveport
Auditorium
Her apparition has been seen and heard moving backstage between the dressing rooms and the corridor. Witnesses state they have heard her voice as if she is warming up for a performance.

Here is an example of Cline’s sultry voice—I Fall To Pieces.

4 comments:

Leona Joan said...

I grew up listening to her records. Patsy had a gorgeous, sultry, expressive voice. She and her friends in the crash passed away far too soon. May she and all who died in the plane crash find peace and happiness on the Other Side.

Anne Francis Scott said...

She died tragically, and too young, cut off in the midst of a rising career. The forboding feelings at the site where she perished and reports of seeing her spirit at the auditorium are no surprise.

Unknown said...

I know that Loretta has had ghostly encounters, but I'm wondering if she's ever seen Patsy. Can anyone fill me in?

Unknown said...

I had an encounter at her musuum in Nashville. I was born in 75. So her music was not in my channels. 2020 I walked into that musuum in Nashville with my child. I walked in turned the corner and busted out in monstrous tears. It felt like my mom died and I just found out. A very odd feeling. So I asked the man at the counter which I believe was Patsys son. Has anyone ever experienced anything here? He said yes mam, they hear her walking. So all my life Ive been a singer. But ROCK- no music like that. Or country. . Oddly I decided to give if a try. Living a short time in Tennessee I was afraid people who laugh. One girl cried. Standing ovations.. They say I sound exactly like Pasty Cline. Well I guess she jumped in me that day. Because theres no way I ever could sound like Pasty Cline. Now Im going to a real studio and Im recording :)