Thursday, April 28, 2011

Out of the Corner of My Eye

Often when people witness paranormal phenomena they state they saw the figure, object, or light etc. out of the corner of their eye. This is a very common experience. When people turn to see what is there, it is inevitably gone. Because this experience is so fleeting people question if they actually saw something or if it was just a figment of their imaginations.

I personally experienced the “corner of my eye phenomena” when I bought a newer home. The lady who sold it to me had lived in the place for several years. When she and her husband first moved in he was ill. Two years later he died in the master bedroom. His wife sold the house to me so she could move closer to remaining family members.

I didn’t remember what she had told me about her husband until I had lived in the home several months. I was sitting in my living room reading a book when I saw out of the corner of my eye what appeared to be a figure of a man walking past me down the hallway heading toward the master bedroom. I dismissed what I saw, it was late afternoon and I rationalized it by convincing myself it was just the afternoon sunlight hitting the wall at a strange angle.

A couple of months later I was sitting in the same chair and again I caught a glimpse of a male figure walking past heading to the master bedroom. This time I turned my head quickly but nothing was there. What was odd is I knew it was a man and I even remembered the color of his shirt. This time I didn’t question what I saw in fact I started to wonder if it could be the husband who had died.

In the next few months I saw this male figure several more times, always out of the corner of my eye, always in the hallway heading back to the master bedroom. Even though I saw it fleetingly it never changed its course or turned and I saw it about the same time of day. I concluded it was just a residual haunting of the house. Looking back I wonder why it never scared or startled me. My reaction instead was curiosity.

My home didn’t hold this memory for long because after that first year I never spotted the male figure again.

No comments: